Looking for a Limousin cow or bull for sale? Well, you’re in luck! I’ve gathered 10 of the best Limousin breeders in the country – all of whom have Limousin cattle for sale.
With rich red meat that’s low in fat and cholesterol, Limousin cattle are becoming a popular choice for beef ranchers and farmers. If you’re interested in adding these beautiful animals to your herd, be sure to contact one of the breeders below.
Whether you’re looking to buy your first Limousin or add to your existing herd, there’s sure to be a breeder near you who has what you need.
But first, let’s discuss the importance of buying Limousin cattle from a registered breeder before we get into it.
Limousin Cattle Info
Limousin cattle, originating in the Limousin region of France, boast a range of intriguing attributes. Their signature golden-red to light wheat coat color sets them apart, often accompanied by lighter areas around their eyes, muzzle, and underside. Renowned for their robust muscular build, Limousins exhibit well-developed hindquarters and a broad chest that contribute to their exceptional meat yield and quality.
A remarkable trait of Limousin cattle is their efficient growth, allowing them to rapidly reach market weight while efficiently converting feed into muscle. This quality has made them a preferred choice among commercial beef producers seeking optimal production. Their lean and marbled meat is highly sought after by both consumers and the beef industry, further enhancing their appeal.
These cattle also excel in calving ease, a trait that benefits both breeders and commercial operations. Their gentle and docile temperament eases handling and management, particularly in smaller settings. Limousins’ adaptability shines through in their ability to thrive in diverse climates and environments, making them suitable for various geographical regions. Whether their genetic contributions to crossbreeding or their popularity across the globe, Limousin cattle remain an integral part of the beef industry, embodying a balance of heritage and modern utility.
The Importance of Buying Limousin Cattle From a Registered Breeder
When it comes to beef production, there are many important factors to consider. One of the most important is where you purchase your cattle.
If you’re looking to start or expand your Limousin cattle operation, it’s important to buy from a registered breeder. Registered breeders have met certain standards set by the North American Limousin Foundation, and are more likely to produce healthy, high-quality animals.
NALF is dedicated to the advancement, development, and promotion of the Limousin breed of cattle. The primary objective is to safeguard the Limousin Herdbook, which contains information on ownership, bloodlines, and performance of Limousins.
Buying from a registered breeder can save you time and money in the long run, and it helps support the industry as a whole.
A registered breeder can provide peace of mind that the animals are healthy and well-cared for.
Limousin Cattle Prices
So, how much does a Limousin cattle cost? The average Limousin bull price is between $4000 and $5000, with heifers costing less. However, prices can vary depending on the breeder, age, weight, and quality of the animal.
You can expect to pay more for a younger animal that has superior genetics. Older animals or those that are not registered may be less expensive.
When purchasing Limousin cattle, be sure to work with a reputable breeder to get the best possible animals for your money.
Limousin Cattle For Sale
The Limousin breeders listed below are not in any particular order, so you can rest assured that whatever breeder you purchase from is a trusted one.
Coleman Limousin Ranch
You can find Limosuin cattle for sale in Coleman Limousin Ranch located in beautiful western Montana.
They have been producing Limousins since 1970, and have been dedicated to breeding the finest cattle possible. Today they have more than 400 registered Limousin cows.
Address: 53717 Gallagher Road, Charlo, MT 59824
Phone: 406.644.2300, 406.644.2707
Hunt Limousin Ranch
Hunt Limousin Ranch is a family-owned and operated ranch located near Oxford, Nebraska. They’ve been raising registered Limousins since 1978, and strive to produce top-quality animals.
They are one of the best Limousin seedstock producers in the United States, and this is one of the greatest places to find registered Limousin cattle for sale.
Address: 10329 Hwy. 136 | Oxford, NE 68967
Vaughn Farms started in 1978 with a single Limousin bull, and they now have a herd of 200 registered purebred Limousin cows.
Address: 9741 142nd Ave NE, Cavalier, ND 58220
Phone: 701-520-0110, 701-520-2556
With over 35 years of experience in the cattle business, Thomas Farms is a trusted name in the Limousins world.
They are located in Leslie, Arkansas, and they offer both LimFlex and purebred, fullblood Limousin cattle for sale with some of the best genetics in the country.
Address: 204 Express Lane, Leslie, AR 72645
Prichard’s Farms is located in the heart of cattle country in Brush Creek, Tennessee.
They are producers of black purebred Limousin and Lim-Flex cattle.
Address: 101 Brush Creek Road, Brush Creek TN 38547
Phone: 615-683-8310, 615-464-5785
If you are looking for LimFlex and Fullblood Limousin cattle for sale in Texas, look no further than Brehm Farms. They are just southeast of San Antonio.
They are a family-owned and operated business that has been dedicated to raising high-quality Limousin cattle for over 20 years.
Address: 8990 Hildebrandt Rd., San Antonio, TX
Keeton Limousin Ranch
Keeton Limousin Ranch is another great place to find purebred Limousin cattle for sale. This is a family-owned and operated business that started with one Limousin heifer back in 1984.
Today they have a large herd of Limousin cattle for the beef industry and the show ring.
Address: 10510 Co. Rd. 1100, Wolfforth, TX
Phone: 806-777-0230, 806-786-7428
Peterson’s L7 Bar
Visit this 50 years old brand in the Limousin cattle industry to search for your next Limousin bulls for sale.
You may rest confident that you are purchasing quality cattle from Peterson’s L7 Bar.
Lawrence Family Limousin
The Lawrence Family is one of the most well-known names in the Limousin cattle world. They have been in the business of raising and selling high-quality Limousin cattle for over 30 years.
Address: 3840 ONION SHED RD. ANTON, TX
Phone: 806-773-6043, 806-790-2535, 806-778-0548
Edwards Land And Cattle
Finally, you can search for Lim-Flex or Limousin cattle for sale at Edwards Land and Cattle in North Carolina. They have been involved in breeding seedstock and showing Limousin cattle from 1985.
Address: 314 Willard Edwards Rd, Beulaville
1. What is the origin of Limousin cattle? Limousin cattle originated in the Limousin region of France. They were initially used as draft animals due to their strength and size but eventually gained popularity for their excellent meat qualities.
2. What is the distinctive coat color of Limousin cattle? Limousin cattle are known for their golden-red to light wheat coat color, often accompanied by lighter areas around their eyes, muzzle, and underside.
3. What makes Limousin cattle unique in terms of meat quality? Limousin cattle produce lean, tender, and well-marbled meat that is highly desirable for its quality and flavor.
4. Are Limousin cattle known for rapid growth? Yes, Limousins are renowned for their efficient growth and rapid weight gain, making them a preferred choice among commercial beef producers.
5. How do Limousin cattle contribute to crossbreeding programs? Limousin genetics are often used in crossbreeding to enhance meat yield and quality in other cattle breeds. Their traits complement those of other breeds, resulting in improved beef production.
6. Are Limousin cattle known for calving ease? Yes, Limousins are recognized for their relatively easy calving due to their smaller birth weights and maternal instincts.
7. What is the temperament of Limousin cattle? Limousin cattle generally exhibit a docile temperament, which contributes to easier handling and management, especially in smaller operations.
8. Can Limousin cattle adapt to various environments? Yes, Limousins are adaptable to different climates and environments, making them suitable for a wide range of geographical regions.
9. How are Limousin cattle used in the beef industry? Limousin cattle serve both commercial beef production and seedstock breeding. Their efficient growth, meat quality, and reproductive performance are highly valued.
10. Are there different coat color variations within the Limousin breed? Yes, although the golden-red color is most recognized, Limousins also come in other variations, including black, black with white markings, and red with white markings.
11. What role do Limousin cattle play in sustainable farming practices? Due to their efficient growth and high meat quality, raising Limousin cattle contributes to sustainable and efficient beef production systems.
12. What is the historical significance of Limousin cattle? Limousin cattle have a rich history dating back centuries and have evolved to meet the demands of modern beef production while retaining their unique traits.
If you’re looking for quality Limousin cattle, there are many great breeders to choose from. Be sure to do your research and purchase from a registered breeder to get the best possible animals for your operation.
The breeders listed above are all trusted and reputable sources for Limousin cattle.
Related article: Mini cattle for sale
The Best Dewormer for Beef and Dairy Cattle
Safe-Guard Dewormer Suspension
The best dewormer for beef and diary cattle and goats is a must have for giardia and deworming. It is highly economical! You can find it right here on Amazon.