Do you also look for mini cows for sale? I’ve been hearing a lot of folks recently asking where to find mini cattle for sale. Most of them are particularly curious about where they may find mini fluffy cows for sale (Highlands), a breed that is one of the most popular miniature cattle around.
You’ve come to the right place because I’m going to share a list of breeders where you can find mini cattle for sale.
But, first, it’s important to understand how much does it cost to own a mini cow, what are the associated costs, and how much may you anticipate paying for it.
How Much Does a Mini Cow Cost?
The price for a mini cow varies depending on the breed and age. Expect to pay about $1,500 for a miniature Hereford or Angus cow, as opposed to $2,500-plus for a mini Highland cow and $7,000 for a Mini HighPark.
Depending on the quality of the mini cattle the prices can go up to $10,000 or more.
The Cost of Owning Miniature Cattle
For many people, owning a miniature version of their favorite animal is the stuff dreams are made of.
Owning miniature cattle is a big commitment and responsibility. These animals require daily feeding and attention. They also live as long as 20 years.
It is also recommended that you own at least 3 acres to adequately accommodate your new miniature cow.
Moreover, you will need to have a plan on either spending time with your new mini calf or getting a companion animal.
1. Fencing: Miniature cattle are easy to contain with a simple hot wire fence. You can use any type of wood for the posts/fence supports. It will cost you around $150.
2. Housing: You can use a simple loafing shed for cattle this small. It will cost around $300.
3. Hoof Trimming: This is a must unless cows have a very rocky pasture. You can buy a good hoof trimmer from Amazon and do it yourself. It will cost about $40 if you pay someone.
4. Feed Bunks: Let’s say around $150.
5. Water Tank and Heater: It will cost you about $200 for a water tank and heater set up for cattle this small.
6. Veterinary: Vet bills can be pricey if they suffer from any major diseases or injuries, but most won’t cost anything at all. About $50 per cow for vaccine shots a year.
7. Feed: You can feed your miniature cows with a mixture of quality grass/alfalfa hay, corn stalks, and stock feed. It won’t cost you more than $50 per month. However, it might be a lot less expensive with more pasture or cheaper hay.
Popular Mini Cow Breeds
Miniature cows, also known as mini cows or miniature cattle, have gained popularity due to their smaller size and manageable characteristics compared to full-sized cattle. These smaller breeds of cows are often sought after for small farms, hobby farms, or as pets. Some popular breeds of mini cows include:
- Dexter: The Dexter is one of the most popular miniature cattle breeds. They originated in Ireland and are known for their small size, friendly temperament, and ability to produce quality meat and milk.
- Mini Hereford: Miniature Herefords are a downsized version of the larger Hereford cattle. They are known for their docile nature and are raised for beef production on smaller farms.
- Lowline Angus (Aberdeen Angus): Lowline Angus is a miniature version of the Angus breed. They are known for their excellent meat quality and adaptability to various climates.
- Jersey Miniature: The Jersey Miniature is a smaller version of the Jersey breed known for its high milk production, making them ideal for small-scale dairy operations.
- Panda Cow (Belted Galloway): The Belted Galloway breed, also known as the Panda Cow due to its distinctive white belt around the middle, is a hardy and attractive breed that can be raised for both beef and dairy purposes.
- Zebu: The Zebu is a miniature breed originating from India and is well-suited for warmer climates. They have a hump on their back and are often used as pets or for light work.
- Miniature Texas Longhorn: Miniature Texas Longhorns are a smaller version of the iconic Texas Longhorn breed. They are known for their striking horn shapes and are raised for beef production.
- Miniature Belted Galloway: Similar to the standard Belted Galloway, the miniature version is known for its striking appearance with a white belt around the middle.
Mini Cows For Sale
Now, let’s get started by listing breeders with mini cows for sale, I am sure you will find one near you. However, most of the farms ship all over the US, so it doesn’t matter where you are.
1. Lovable Little Ones
Lovable Little Ones is a miniature cow farm in Eastern Colorado. You can find pet-quality micro-miniature cows for sale, but you might be placed on their ‘waiting list’ due to high demands for mini cattle lately.
Address: 25658 County Road 16 Seibert, Colorado 80834
2. Courser Meadows
Courser Meadows is a farm based in Warner, New Hampshire. You can find Miniature Heifers, Angus and Mini Jerseys for sale at their farm.
Address: 163 Connors Mill Road, Warner, NH 03278
3. Our Little Acres
If you are looking for fluffy cows for sale and you are close to Wisconsin, then Our Little Acres is the right place to go.
Address: Grantsburg, Wisconsin 55069
4. Lakeport Miniature Highlands
Lakeport Miniature Highlands – the name of the farm reflects its location, they are based near the Lake Huron in Lakeport, Michigan and they raise Miniature Highlands.
Location: Lake Huron in Lakeport, Michigan
5. Rolling 7 Mini Cattle
Mini cows for sale in Nebraska at Rolling 7 Mini Cattle -An old family ranch that has been raising black angus beef since 1902.
Location: Broken Bow, Nebraska
6. RCM Miniature Cattle Company
Located in Collbran Colorado (5 hours west of Denver), RCM offer different breeds of miniature calves for sale. You can choose from Miniature Highland, Miniature Panda Cattle, White Park, Miniature Highpark and Miniature Belted Galloway.
Location: Collbran Colorado
7. R Cute Mini Cows
R Cute Mini Cows are located in Oregon. You can visit their page where you can find registered american Mini Belties for sale.
8. Panda Mini Cows
Panda Mini Cows is a ranch raising Mini Panda cows in Missouri. If you are into this miniature cow breed, then you should give them a call.
Address: 2999 NW Plotsky Ave., Plattsburg MO 64477
Phone: 816-741-6291, 816- 787-2552
9. Pandarosa Miniature Ranch
Pandarosa Miniature Ranch is a small family ranch in Buffalo, Illinois. They raise miniature cattle such as Highland, Highmark and other breeds. Check their website for more information about available miniature cattle for sale at the moment.
Address: Buffalo, Illinois
Phone: (217) 652-2518
10. Ida’s Miniature Jerseys
Ida’s Miniature Jerseys ranch offers Mini Jersey cows for sale in Colorado.
Address: Longmont, Colorado
11. La Petite Miniature Cattle
Started in miniature cattle in 2015 La Petite Miniature Cattle is a family farm in Southwest Nebraska.
Address: 73992 326 Ave Imperial, NE 69033
Phone: (308) 882-0311, (308) 882-8386
12. HSB Mini Cattle
HSB Mini Cattle raise Highlands and HighParks and they ships mini cattle all over the US, so you can get your mini cattle at your doorstep.
Address: 456 McKelvey St. Dadeville, AL 36853
Phone: (205) 994-5653
13. K&R Farm
If you want to find Dexter cattle for sale, then K&R Farm is the right place for you. This is a family farm based in Lamar, Arkansas that is raising and selling purebred Dexter cattle.
Address: Lamar, Arkansas, USA
Phone: (479) 774-1556
14. Silver Lake Ranch
Silver Lake Ranch is a family ranch based in Lake Tahoe where you can find Mini Jersey cows for sale.
Address: Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Phone: (530) 577-1391
15. Idle Wild Ranch
If you want to find registered miniature Hereford cattle for sale, then Idle Wild Ranch is the right place to look at. They have been breeding miniature Hereford cattle for over a decade, at this family ranch in Florida.
Address: 4852 Ordie Drive Zolfo Springs, FL 33890
16. North Woods Homestead
North Woods Homestead is a ranch based in Idaho where you can find Mini Jersey cows for sale.
Address: Priest River, Idaho
Phone: (208) 306-9049
17. White Dexter Ranch
White Dexter Ranch is specialized in raising White Dexter mini cattle breed.
Address: 401 W. 89th St. South, Haysville, KS 67060
Phone: (316) 524-0318
18. Sure Shot Cattle
Sure Shot Cattle is small family business in Nebraska, you can choose semen straws from several Miniature Jerseys bulls.
Address: Gering, NE 69341
Phone: (303) 931-9950
If you are searching for Miniature Belted Galloways for sale, then Farmshoppe is the right please to look.
Address: Oregon, USA
Phone: (541) 543-0270
20. Country Life Farms
Located in Springfield, a beautiful city located in Middle Tennessee, Country Life Farms raises Micro, Miniature Highland and Highpark cattle.
Address: 1208 Country Life Farms Drive, Springfield, TN
Phone: (615) 517-9776
21. Belted Paradise
Mini Belted Galloways and Pandas for sale at Belted Paradise, a small ranch located 30 miles outside of Fort Worth Texas.
Address: 137 Silver Saddle Circle Weatherford TX 76087
22. Cyrus Ridge Farm
Fluffy cows for sale at Cyrus Ridge Farm, a beautiful farm locates in the Augusta County Virginia, specialized in Micro and Miniature Scottish Highlands.
Address: 77 Singing Hill Lane Waynesboro, VA
Phone: (540) 435-5292
23. Aurora Ranch
Find Miniature Belted Galloway and Panda cattle for sale at Aurora Ranch, ranch located in Elk, Washington.
Address: P.O. Box 405 Elk, Washington, USA 99009
Phone: (509) 292-0149
24. Rocking L Ranch
Rocking L Ranch has developed a herd of micro miniature Highlands that are amongst the smallest in the world. Another great place where you can find fluffy cows for sale.
Address: Buckley, WA, United States
Phone: (253) 315-0925
25. Murray Creek Ranch
Murray Creek Ranch is raising Miniature cattle since 2004. This is another wonderful farm to look at in your search for miniature cows for sale, with a long list of satisfied clients.
Address: Roy, WA
Phone: (253) 843-1331, (253) 380-0754
We also have links to find miniature horses for sale in the U.S.
If you know of another reputable source of miniature cattle for sale in Ohio, please contact us and we are happy to add it to our list.
Highland cows for sale: Ohio, OH
The United States is home to a number of reputable miniature cattle breeders. These breeders have years of experience and knowledge of the industry, which they use to produce high-quality cattle.
They also have access to the latest technologies and resources, which allow them to breed cattle that are healthy and well-adapted to their environment.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a reputable mini cattle breeder in the United States, be sure to check out the list in this article. You’ll be sure to find a breeder that can provide you with the quality cattle you need.
More homestead animals for sale:
The Best Dewormer for Beef and Dairy Cattle
Safe-Guard Dewormer Suspension
The best dewormer for beef and diary cattle and goats is a must have for giardia and deworming. It is highly economical! You can find it right here on Amazon.